Saturday, December 19, 2009

Functional Saviours

More thought-provoking stuff from Erik, the Irish Calvinist.
Erik cites this list from Mark Driscoll, which he says can help to reveal what we are really putting our trust in. We say Jesus is our Saviour, but what other saviours do we really run to. We might find out by asking these questions:
1. What am I most afraid of?

2. What do I long for most passionately?

3. Where do I run for comfort?

4. What do I complain about the most?

5. What angers me most?

6. What makes me happiest?

7. How do I explain myself to other people?

8. What has caused me to be angry with God?

9. What do I brag about?

10. What do I want to have more than anything else?

11. What do I sacrifice the most for in my life?

12. If I could change one thing in my life what would that be?

13. Whose approval am I seeking?

14. What do I want to control/master?

15. What comfort do I treasure the most?
OUCH!

No comments: