Friday, April 11, 2008

I smell a mouse

Yesterday I bought a new Acer computer and Samsung monitor. My HP computer and LG monitor were still working, but the monitor sometimes turned itself off so that it could only be turned on again if you did the dreaded reboot.

And rebooting my HP computer was v e r y slow. In fact that is a pretty good description of its performance.

I have heard dire warnings of Windows Vista, the new operating system on most computers sold in Australia. I did wonder if most of my old programs would need upgrading because they wouldn't work in Vista.

But everything has gone very smoothly. I don't think much of the mouse supplied with the Acer: it is not as comfortabel as the supplied cordless mouse that came with my HP.

But I won't have to continually change batteries either.

I can't help recalling the hue and cry over
Windows 95
Windows 98
Windows 2000
and
Windows XP.

None of these was particularly scary, and I have found each to be an improvement over the last and hope that I will continue to think this, in the months which follow.

No comments: